Sunday, June 22, 2008

Fifth Water Hot Springs


Last Friday night I experienced my first backpacking trip. I got my own backpack and everything. It was a small hike to start with. 2.6 miles in... We pitched a tent, started a fire, made some top raman and then just went to bed. I slept the best I ever have in a tent. We camped next to a river and so it was nice and calming. The water also drowned out any creepy forest noises that usually keep me up. There was two bad things about the trip... My sandals were new so they beat the crap out of my feet (four blisters) and I am totally out of shape. But that is why we are becoming more active! I have to add that despite me shoes... I didn't complain once! Which is not like me at all.. :) I am excited for next weekend but I think we will just do a day hike.
P.S. There was hot springs and they were really pretty...but it is too dang hot to get in them!

7 comments:

Marci said...

Go Sheesh!! Keep up the good work so you can inspire me and Phil, we need it!!

Skylette said...

Look at you go! You guys are having way too much fun! I like Adam's 'Mountain Man' look :)

Amber said...

How fun? Where is fifth water hot springs? Sammy and I are always looking for somewhere fun to go. And we would love to join you on a hike sometime! It would be fun!

Dustan and Micayla said...

Congrats guys...good for you!! I want to know where it is too???? I looks really pretty!

Victoria Elder said...

wow! what an awesome trip! Hiking is quite the hobby! Wish we could be in Utah to enjoy that wonderful weather!

The Greenwoods said...

LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN! i CANT REMEMBER THE LAST TIME DEE AND I WENT ON A HIKE.

ryan + carly said...

what?!! so fun. i am interested in coming! i am a hiking machine! lol...we went on a hike last week and i cried, of course! but i promise if you invite me i'll be good and not even cry once. maybe once...but not twice!