Friday, June 27, 2008

SLC Art Festival

Last night we went to the Art Festival to hear my (well Adam's) cousins play. Ashley came up with Adam and I and when we get together we can be a little silly! As you can see from the face painting... We were standing in line talking about the adventure we were about to have and we said " We are going to be such fun mom's because we wont be scared to do funny things." Then we realized that we were standing in the line with about 15 other kids none of which were related to us in any which way... Yup we don't have kids yet. We got a good chuckle about it! Thanks Ashley for being crazy with me! You are awesome!

So it is Ashley's husband, Ryan, and her brother Josh that play in the band. (Ashley & Josh are Adam's cousins)
The name of their band is The New Nervous and they are really good. Adam and I go and see them play whenever we can. The music is a little bit hard but if you wanna check out a good local band let me know and I will tell you when the next show is so you can check it out.

Josh is in the yellow shirt and Ryan plays the Drums. (I was at a bad angle to get a good shot of Ryan.. but I didn't get up to get a better one... ha)

6 comments:

The Ingleby Family said...

Ok, you should have told us that the cousins were playing! We SO could have made it there. Keep us in the loop will you?

Victoria Elder said...

So Jake LOVES The New Nervous! We have their cd, he goes to quite a few of their shows when we are actually in Utah, I've been to one they are pretty good! How Fun!

Mallory said...

Hey Alesha! So i've come across your blog a couple times and thought i'd finally say hello. We went to the Arts Festival this weekend too... we mostly just like to watch all the hippies dancing around! And thats pretty cool that you guys are related to The New Nervous... that means your basically famous, right?!

Dustan and Micayla said...

How fun...and your face looks amazing!! That is so cool!!

Hone Family as in Ryan and Ashley said...

You forgot to mention our children are in heaven laughing at us because we are suck dorks. I'm pretty sure they brag all the time about how cool we are. Yeah right! I'm so glad you like to have a good time. We need to get together again soon! Love ya!

wagarama said...

So I love your face painting!! Looks like you had a great time!