Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Proudest Moment Ever!

On Saturday, July 6th, Adam and I went to Seven Peaks with the whole family! It was so much fun! The weather was great! The new rides are awesome! All was well until Adam told me that I had to go up to the highest tower and ride the FREE FALL!! For those of you who don't know... the Free Fall starts to you at the highest point at the park. You lay down with your arms and feet crossed and you slide STRAIGHT down! SCARY! Okay so I am terrified of heights! Adam dragged me and my brave girls Dasia and Annie up there. He went down and told us all the we better follow. Annie went first... AAAAHHHHH!!! Dasia and I could not believe that she had just done it. I am glad that she did because she gave me the strength that I needed to just walk over, lay down, and let the water push me over the edge to what I thought would for sure be my death. The surprise of my life! IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!! So we waited for Dasia to work up her courage and when she got to the bottom she agreed that it was crazy fun! So we ran to the top of the tower and tried the Speed Breaker aka the Sky Breaker(which turned out to be the scariest of all) and the Jagged Edge! Now I am just mad that I have missed out on these fun water slides my whole life! Better late than never!
Okay so I don't have any pictures as proof but I promise I did it. If you need to get an idea of what I am talking about you can go to http://www.sevenpeaks.com/index.php?location=tourThePark
and check it out!

7 comments:

Abbie said...

Sheesh, I'm so proud of you!! I haven't worked up that courage yet. :) You're awesome!! Love ya!

Hillary said...

Way to go, girl! I went on that once, and I am pretty sure I will never do it again. I am proud of you!

Amber said...

Whoa...I've never attempted any of those rides. I am too much of a scaredy cat. You're so courageous!

Dustan and Micayla said...

Way to go...I am not sure I could do it!! Just reading your blog made my stomach drop a little bit. Dustan always says it's mind over matter but I am still the lame-o that watches from the bottom!! Good job girl!

Victoria Elder said...

WOW! Remember how much fun it was, cause you might forget & never wanna do it again, I've done those a few times but I always forget how amazingly fun they are & I still will not go on one to this day! You are so brave, so I thnk thats great you guys live in af, I love that little town

Skylette said...

Way to go Sheesh! I have only gone down that slide once and I don't think I could ever go down it again; especially after the insane hydra-wedgie I encountered! No Bueno!

Unknown said...

That was a fun day indeed. I know how you hate heights so that was a big accomplishment for you. YOur mother is proud of you. :-) Jess wants to try to do again before the summer over. I told him "Bring it on, we would love to go again".