Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Roommates!

While I was in collage at Utah State I had the best roommates! I roomed with Amber Park Stroman the first year along with 4 girls I didn't know. All 4 were fantastic but Kara (my very own Canadian) was one that I met and had a real connection with. So the next year Amber and I decided to room with another good friend from high school, Melissa Palmer Pace, and of course KARA! The four of us had so much fun. Dressing up like vampires for Halloween, throwing ourselves fake birthday parties, hanging out with a million different guys, playing with our awesome neighbors across the hall and downstairs, staying up late, sleeping in late, driving each other up the snowy hill because it was just way too cold to walk, night hikes, polar bearing, March Madness, and my favorite the "HOT OR NOT" wall!!! Those were the days! Now as life goes, Melissa has moved to Washington state were I almost never see her and Amber is in Harvest Hills, she lives close but with busy lives I don't see her as mush as I would like, and up until now Kara has stayed in Logan. Although it is far drive we have be pretty good about meeting every month or so and doing lunch. Sunday was one of those lunches but sadly enough it was our last lunch. She is moving back home to Canada. (not just Canada, Nova Scotia, the farthest possible area) I knew it would come some day and I am so happy for her. I will miss her dearly and will defiantly be planning a vacation to see her home. Kara you are awesome! Thank you for all of the fun memories! I love you!


Here we all are at Melissa's wedding. (It was the only one I could find on my work computer...)
I miss these girls!










Me and Kara at lunch on Sunday!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Imagine my surprise when I look at your blog and there is my wedding picture! I loved reading that. We truly had some of the best times up at good ol USU! I even have a picture of us in front of the "hot or not wall" somewhere!

That is sad that Kara is moving back, but also great. She always wanted to get back there. Please tell her hello for me and I miss her! She is such a cute girl! Too bad we couldn't have had a Glenwood B12 reunion before she left!

The Leatherberry's said...

Very cute blog! It's been awhile since I've blogged so I am trying to catch up on mine and on everybody else's! So I just wanted to say hi and your blog is too cute!